Learn how to clean your toilet bowl, washing machine, drains and coffeemaker with white vinegar.
Vinegar has been around for a very long time. White distilled vinegar is mainly used for cooking and cleaning. Vinegar makes a very good cleaning agent because of the level of acid in it. It kills most germs, bacteria and molds. No need to worry about the smell of the vinegar lingering around because it does evaporate into the air. However, never use distilled vinegar to clean anything made of marble.
Here are some easy vinegar cleaning recipes to add to your homemaking notebook.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Drains With Vinegar
This recipe not only cleans the drains of your sinks but makes them smell fresher also.
You will need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar, hot
- Pour the cup of baking soda down the drain first.
- Then pour the cup of hot vinegar down the drain
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Run hot water down the drain.
How to Clean a Dishwasher With Vinegar
If you want to remove smells and soap buildup from your dishwasher use this easy and safe recipe once a month.
You will need: 1 cup of vinegar
Directions: Pour the vinegar into the empty dishwasher and run it through a full cycle. It should be clean and fresh for your next dish washing use.
How to Clean a Coffeemaker With White Vinegar
Coffee pots can get dirty very fast from the buildup of mineral deposits from the water and the residue from coffee grounds. Make sure to read your coffeemaker’s owner manual first.
You will need:
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 coffee pots of water
- Pour the 1 cup of vinegar into the coffeemaker’s water reservoir (the place you put the water).
- Turn the coffeemaker on.
- Let the vinegar run through the coffeemaker through the full cycle.
- Pour out the vinegar from the coffee pot when the cycle is finished.
- Run a couple of pots of clear water through the cycle to rinse it clean of the vinegar.
Check out how you can clean your coffee maker with baking soda.
Cleaning a Washing Machine With Vinegar
This cleaning method helps remove the washing detergent scum from the washing machine.
You will need: 1 cup white vinegar
- Pour the cup of vinegar (instead of) detergent into the machine .
- Run the wash cycle as usual.
- Now you are ready for your next load of laundry.
Vinegar has many uses to clean your home. You might also be interested in other tips for cleaning your home naturally.